Friday, December 9, 2011

Global Warming - Not in Arizona! !

Okay - I've had it - This is the fourth day in a row that I have had to wear one of my "northern" winter fleeces.  We live in the Phoenix area - the "Valley of the Sun" as it is also known...it is supposed to be hot here in the summer and comfortably warm in the winter...and it most definitely isn't - warm that is.

We spent Thanksgiving in Chicago and other than being with our children, I was most thankful for the fact that it wasn't freezing and snowing. I get back to Arizona and it precedes to snow in Scottsdale...it didn't snow in Chicago....Why here ????

I am no longer a winter fan - did you pick that feeling up??? I would much rather deal with 120 degrees here in the summer than have to lift one shovel of snow in a northern winter.  I grew up in New England and then lived in Northern Ohio for 30 something years and I  figuered that I had done my wintery penance.  We had a home in Colorado for skiing, so I really did enjoy the winter scene for quite some time....BUT, I am totally over those feelings now and I no longer want to have to wear my long green wool coat, gloves, boots, scarfs, all that stuff that you need just to walk down the driveway to get your mail.  I have no problem with long pants and long sleeves for winter in Arizona, but that's as far as I am willing to go without complaining about it. Needing my fleeces, indoors even, is almost more than I can bear.

You hear all this craziness about global warming - well it sure as h..l isn't happening here.  I can see snow on all the mountain tops around our home - the only good thing about it is that we are severely short on rain this year. So maybe this will help the water table.

We were driving home from northern Arizona last week, and it had snowed up there that day.  The snow was all the way down to Wikieup, "the rattlesnake capitol of the world".  Those snakes better have had their winter dens deep, or they won't be doing much rattling next year.  I must admit that that doesn't bother me a whole lot though.

Time to get back to work - think I'll make some snowflake earrings or an icicle necklace - look for them in my shop....Have a great day and I sincerely hope that it is warm where you are! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment